Feast day: September 29th
Patron Saint of:
grocers, mariners, paratroopers, soldiers, police, doctors and sickness.
Saint Michael the Archangel is a saint and an angel. The name Michael signifies “Who is like to God?” and was the warcry of the good angels in the battle fought in heaven against satan and his followers and is the leader of all angels of the army of God. Today, St. Michael is invoked for protection, especially from lethal enemies.
Titles of St. Michael the Archangel
– guide and consoler of the People of God
– splendour and fortitude of the Church Militant
– honour and joy of the Church Triumphant
– protection of orthodox people
– strength of those who fight under the standard of the Cross
For more info please access the following link: